This year more than ever it matters that we remember our small, local businesses this holiday season. As a former boutique owner myself, I know that it takes your community to keep you going. Here are nine of my favorite small, Indiana based businesses and my favorite Christmas gift ideas from each one!
1. Abboo Candle Company - Abboo's clean burning soy candles are my favorite! They burn so well, are hand poured with love by a momma of two, and the neutral colored wax matches any space you want to put your candles in. Use code TEACHERMOMLIFE for 15% off!
2. Imy's Joy - Sarah is a mom and Indiana-based maker that handletters most of her unique items from shirts, stickers, signs, and bags her items are uplifting and positive little pieces of happiness!
3. Jack's Donuts - I am telling you these are the best donuts around and I love their family even more! Find a location near you, get some swag, a gift card or just leave donuts at someone's doorstep this season. Their iced Bavarian cream, pictured above, is my favorite, just ahead of their tiger tail donut holes.
4. Style Up Buttercup - Claire, a Purdue freshman, handmakes her spunky earrings to help her finance her first year at college. She is a sweet young lady that creates beautiful, lightweight jewelry.
5. Cream & Concrete - This collection is simple, sophisticated beauty. I have been eyeing these coasters for over a year and I am so glad I finally got my hands on a set.
6. Simple Goodness Soaps - I found these soaps and lotions at a local market, and they have become my fast favorite. When I was pregnant with both of my boys it was the only product that soothed my sensitive skin. Add in their amazing scents and I am sold on this Elwood based store. Blackberry is my new favorite.
7. United State of Indiana - I have been a longtime fan of USI, but this sweatshirt is my favorite. I adore Schitt's Creek and it is some comfortable. In fact, I get compliments every time I wear it in public.
8. Schakolad Chocolate - I met the owners of Indy's Westside location at a market and I was so impressed with how kind they were. Soon after I went in to gift a friend her favorite wine dipped in chocolate. The detail and time they put into making it perfect has made me a huge fan. For Christmas I asked my husband to make a trip here for my gift!
9. Spiffy and Splendid - Located in Noblesville, IN, this maker is one I hunt down at all the local markets. Her druzzy earrings are lightweight and so pretty. This necklace is such a fun accessory for anyone on your holiday shopping list!
Even if you're not a Hoosier, many of these items can be mailed to you! Small business, BIG LOVE!
I am obsessed with planners, notebooks, flair pens, and anything else that gives me the allusion of being organized.
To be honest, it is not because I am Type A...it is because I manage my anxiety and put my worries away by getting things out of my head and on to paper. Then when I've mapped out my lists and planned my schedule for the upcoming week I can push them all out of my mind and put it down. Lists and planning are my coping skill and I've embraced it.
So since this is such a huge part of my life, why not make it beautiful!? (Insert flair pens, stickers and pretty patterns here).
I also love shopping small since my husband and I used to own our own family business that I continue to run on a smaller-scale on my own. I know that when I shop local and shop small I am putting money back into my community and helping families like mine in a big way!
Enter TF Publishing! I found an Indy based company that makes my favorite things in the world! Their planners, notebooks, and calendars are adorable and affordable on a teacher budget!
Be sure to check them out!
What you're in for...
Here you will find my ramblings of motherhood, teaching, & life while like many I try to balance it all.
As an Amazon Associate I earn a small amount from qualifying purchases, but it does not cost you any more! :)