This year more than ever it matters that we remember our small, local businesses this holiday season. As a former boutique owner myself, I know that it takes your community to keep you going. Here are nine of my favorite small, Indiana based businesses and my favorite Christmas gift ideas from each one!
1. Abboo Candle Company - Abboo's clean burning soy candles are my favorite! They burn so well, are hand poured with love by a momma of two, and the neutral colored wax matches any space you want to put your candles in. Use code TEACHERMOMLIFE for 15% off!
2. Imy's Joy - Sarah is a mom and Indiana based maker that handletters most of her unique items from shirts, stickers, signs, and bags her items are uplifting and positive little pieces of happieness!
3. Jack's Donuts - I am telling you these are the best donuts around and I love their family even more! Find a location near you, get some swag, a gift card or just leave donuts at someone's doorstep this season. Their iced bavarian cream, pictured above, is my favorite right behind their tiger tail donut holes.
4. Style Up Buttercup - Claire, a Purdue freshman, handmakes her spunky earrings to help her finance her first year at college. She is a sweet young lady that creates beautiful, lightweight jewelry.
5. Cream & Concrete - This collection is simple, sophisticated beauty. I have been eyeing these coasters for over a year and I am so glad I finally got my hands on a set.
6. Simple Goodness Soaps - I found these soaps and lotions at a local market and they have become my fast favorite. When I was pregnant with both of my boys it was the only product that soothed my sensitive skin. Add in their amazing scents and I am sold on this Elwood based store. Blackberry is my new favorite.
7. United State of Indiana - I have been a longtime fan of USI, but this sweatshirt is my favorite. I adore Schitt's Creek and it is some comfortable. In fact, I get compliments every time I wear it in public.
8. Schakolad Chocolate - I met the owners of Indy's Westside location at a market and I was so impressed with how kind they were. Soon after I went in to gift a friend her favorite wine dipped in chocolate. The detail and time they put into making it perfect has made me a huge fan. For Christmas I asked my husband to make a trip here for my gift!
What you're in for...
Here you will find my ramblings of motherhood, teaching, & life while like many I try to balance it all.
As an Amazon Associate I earn a small amount from qualifying purchases, but it does not cost you any more! :)